Monday 17 November 2008

McFly Radio:Active Tour

Friday November 14th 2008

Unusual for a person of my age, I was yet to attend a concert until this night, which made my excitement oh so much more. Having always been a loyal Mcfly fan, I was wildly eager to see them, and the boys most certainly didn't disappoint!

I attended the gig with my best friend and her two sisters. The three hour drive to Birmingham from North Devon went suprisingly quickly - I imagine due to excitement and much napping also!

When we arrived at the NEC the buzz of the atmosphere was incredible! We purchased our merchandise (programmes, posters and T-shirts) and found our seats - which were rather pleasing.

The support act called 'Avenue' (which I was unfamiliar with) was most pleasing, and flared our moods even higher. By the time Mcfly were ready to appear (after having arrived by helicopter directly after their Children in Need performance) the atmosphere was unreal. Screams roared throughout the stadium and we were left speechless!

The boys kicked off to a superb start and the entire set was truelyawesome! Mid way through the concert, the stage was lifted and quite literally flew above everyone to the central area of the arena - mere yards from our seats! It was ridiculous how close they were!

My personal highlight, it must be said, was a rendition of Michael Jackson's 'Black or White,' sung by Danny. Being a loyal MJ fan and big-time Danny fan, this was indeed, my personal heaven!

The set was ended with none other than the classic 'Five Colours in her Hair' - A perfect end to a perfect evening. The concert matched and bettered my high expectations and was an incredible evening.

Well done, boys! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment