Tuesday 10 February 2009

Parents, who'd have them?

I'm currently been driven round the bend by my psycho-smothering mother!! It would appear nothing I ever do or feel is right! Until I found my fella a few months a go, I was going through a real tough time where I was feeling pretty damn crap, and my Mam hated it. I was constantly being shouted or moaned at. Now, I am happier than I ever could have imagined being, but she can't hack that either! She completely resents me for it!



She also is finding it impossible to deal with the fact that I am growing up and moving on. I basically live with my boyfriend, and in a couple of months I will officially, but she can't let go. She is constantly moaning and shouting and wailing at me, but doesn't realise that the more she does that, the more offputting it is to spend time with her. Not only this, she's managing to turn my very best friend against me, by guilting her into not coming round our flat because she fels like she is 'stabbing my mam in the back!' My very best friend! And my mam doesn't get it at all. She says she doesn't know what she'll do with out me, but surely she has to let me go at some point? I am off to uni next year anyway, she'll have to let go then! (Cue music: Slipping through my fingers, Mamma Mia!)

I just don't know what to do, she's totally smothering me, and it is having total reprocussions on every aspect of my life! She puts a guilt trip on me for everything that goes wrong for her and constantly upsets me. She says I'm all she have because she doesn't want to put any pressure on her friends, but I don't know how much more I can take!! I am so sick of feeling like the parent of this relationship, and feeling like I can't have a life of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment